Friday, August 11, 2006

Terror plot foiled. Idiots still in denial.

Scotland yard announced only a few hours ago that it had foiled a major terrorist plot. Arrests have been made after a well-planned police sting. At this stage it appears thousands of lives have been saved and the dimension of the attack would have been on the scale of September 11.
Well done Lads!

But my relief turned into anguish when I noted the immediate reaction of the left-wing. I thought that maybe, just maybe, some people would put their pride aside and admit that the world is gripped in a battle against terrorism.
Not to be.
The denial continues.
My absolute nemisis website, democraticunderground, had HUNDREDS of idiots commenting on the foiled terrorist attempt. I don't think I found one commentor who believed a real threat was taking place. Go check for yourself, I gave up after reading about 200.
You will read every conspiracy theory under the sun. Even the old S11 denials get dragged out for a re-run.

Terrorism has been around for a long time. The terrorist act that woke me up to the gravity of this threat not going away was the attack on the USS Cole. When I tried to talk to people about what may be building in the future, I was looked at like a lunatic. At the time I thought I was going mad considering I was the only person worried about a growing threat.
Then came September 11. As I watched events unfold that day, I was shocked but not surprised. For many it was a huge eye-opener but as the months grinded on, a huge percentage of people were denying a terrorist threat existed at all!!
Many claimed it was an elaborate fear campaign, many more claimed that America brought the attack upon itself and a huge number claimed that it was perpetrated by Israel and the CIA!
Maybe I was mad!
The next major jolt, in my part of the world, was the Bali bombing. I thought to myself that surely the impact of this will, beyond any shadow of a doubt, show that Islamic terrorism is a real threat. Even while the dust was settling, I heard someone mutter that it was the CIA!! I brushed it away as the rantings of a real lunatic.
A few months later I read the disturbing statistic that %40 of Indonesians believed the CIA was behind the Bali bombings. Some friends and associates ( now very former friends and associates! ) , also believed the CIA was behind the attack.

At this point in time I realised the West was in crisis. A real battle was at hand. I thought it was my duty to not be shy in coming forward about the state of the world. All I did was discover how many people were determined to keep their heads in the sand.
Time went on and terrorist attacks continued.
As my resolve changed, so did that of my old lefty friends. Their resolve was that the Invasion of Iraq has caused more attacks and that Bush, Blair, Howard and co. were to blame.
Come July 2005 an orchestrated terrorist attack took place in London. The reaction from the left? Invasion of Iraq has caused it all.

August 2006. Lieberman is gang-tackled by the leftist blogosphere and subsequently loses the Primary. The left-wing go bananas. They are rallying to ruthlessly destroy the political careers of all Democrats who don't submit to their beliefs. They basically want to control the party and pull out of Iraq.
The next day the London Airport terror plot is foiled. The reaction of the same people who lynched Lieberman? It's all a big lie!

Islamic terrorists are a huge threat. But the threat that is even bigger is that of ignorant leftists, who are in complete denial of the threat. They are the root cause of the lack of resolve in the Western world to stand up to people who wish to destroy them.

How do we pull these heads out of the sand?
I don't really know, but it's imperative it happens.

No comments: