Saturday, October 07, 2006

"Their is nothing like a Dane.. nothing in the World..."

I have been lucky enough to visit many nations on the planet. Very few nations come close to Denmark when it comes to racial and religious tolerance.
I was extremely disappointed when Muslim extremists burnt Danish flags, burnt down embassies and boycotted very fine quality Danish products. ( I assure you, they would have to be the best in Europe). All this because a handfull of cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed appeared in a Danish publication.
Bare it in mind that it took four or so months from publication to rioting, which tells me the riots were deliberately incited in some way.

I wonder what the reaction to this interview will be when it does the rounds in the Islamic World?
I thought her comments were polite, honest and straight-forward. But I doubt others will think so.

I hope the world can hold on to the liberty of being able to ask questions on all aspects of life, without receiving death threats for doing so.

No comments: