Wednesday, October 11, 2006

World Tour goes to Canada.

I decided to break the rules of my World Tour and not link to a Newspaper article from Canada.
Hey, I need to lighten up now and then!

I've been keeping strange hours the last few weeks.
But no matter what my work or social life schedules me to do, I religiously get home at 12.30 a.m and switch on to my all time favorite TV show, "Trailer Park Boys".

Canada is a country you could consider a close relative of Australia.
If NZ is our brother, Canada is our more favoured cousin.
"Trailer Park Boys", is a TV show I relate to more than any Australian production. The characters seem real and I laugh without fail, even when I'm watching my third or fourth repeat.

The show, as the name implies, revolves around the lives of people living in a trailer park. The characters are on a constant quest to drink Rum, grow dope, invent money making schemes and try and get their lives together. Despite the circumstances of their lives, I have a fantasy of living in their little community.

Ricky and Julian are the two central characters who are invariably behind every scheme going on in the Park.
Ricky cannot avoid getting into trouble and curses his own stupidity. But he is a master dope grower and has a mercurial skill of sweet talking the police.

Julian is the Alpha male of the Park and holds the Park together. He tries to be sensible about everything he does, but cannot avoid the vices he gets wound up in. He is never without a Rum and coke in his hand, (in a short glass of course ).

Bubbles is their bespectacled side-kick, who has the brains to give his friends good advice.

Mr. Lehey and the shirtless Ricky, are the Trailer Park Supervisors who are forever trying to get rid of Julian and Ricky from the park, once and for all.

Oh, why tell you everything!
Just do yourself a favour and get a copy of each series, or find a friend with cable TV.
I guarantee you will enjoy it!
If you don't enjoy it, then go Fuck yourself ! ( As Ricky would say).

No comments: